The Vanderborght was built between 1932 and 1935, this stately edifice is a magnificent example of architectural Modernism. For some time, this building was owned by a bank. In 2012, it was acquired by the City of Brussels, which has graciously lent this extraordinary space to Roberto Polo Gallery for the purpose of the exhibition Painting After Postmodernism | Belgium - USA. The importance of the building is revealed by the fact that its 7 000 m2 space has been selected for the permanent accommodation of the Modern and Contemporary Art collections of the Royal Museums of Fine Arts.